Welcome to the topic “How to Transfer Car Ownership in the Philippines?“.
In selling a pre-owned car, it does not just end there. Although the purchaser already paid for the vehicle. Several transactions will permit the buyer to drive away with the vehicle. However, most expert car merchants know the importance of the transfer of ownership. If you are the buyer, you ought to learn the car ownership transfer as well. Ownership of a vehicle is endorsed from one person to another in a transaction.
By accomplishing this matter, the Land Transportation Office is made aware of the deal as well as the car’s LTO change of ownership. If you are the merchant, you are no longer accountable for any trouble the car gets implicate while being used by its new owner. In addition, you must clarify some matters like the person accountable for the transfer of car ownership in the Philippines. Is it the new owner or the seller?
Currently, in other places, no decree declares that either the purchaser or merchant is in charge of the transfer of ownership. Here in the Philippines, it is a typical procedure that the seller will be responsible for the method of transferring car ownership. Therefore, if you are planning to sell your car soon, watch out for some tips listed below.
What do you need to prepare?
Firstly, you must prepare the necessary papers to deal with a motor car’s transfer of ownership documents. The Transfer of ownership LTO requirements are:
1. Deed of sale with the statement of vehicle mortgage
2. New Office Receipt and Certificate of Registration dispensed by the LTO
3. The latest Official Receipt of Payment for the Motor Vehicle User’s Charge
4. Philippine National Police – Highway Patrol Group Authorization. Get PNP-HPG clearance. You can register for a PNP-HPG clearance at any PNP-HPG motor vehicle clearance satellite station.
5. Compulsory Motor Vehicle Liability Insurance or CTPL- Ratification from the Insurance Company to the New Owner
6. Address confirmation documents, with the permanent address
7. Xerox copies of identification and signatures. You must have at least three different IDs, preferably a government-issued document.
8. Special Power of Attorney – if the vehicle traded through another person
9. Properly accomplished MVIR- to be executed by the inspectors
10. Your Taxpayer’s Identification Number
Additionally, you may have to submit an NCRB (National Crime Records Bureau) acknowledgment form. This form would be mandatory if your vehicle was involved in any form of illegal activity.
Going to the LTO
When you have all of the official papers stated above, you must be ready to proceed to the actual LTO change of ownership procedure.
1. Convey the car subject to the transfer of ownership to the precise LTO office. You will need to do this at the LTO area office where the motor car was initially registered. Nevertheless, if the original file of the car’s certificate of registration is at the LTO’s main office in East Ave, Quezon City, you can accomplish the transfer of ownership procedure at any LTO branch.
2. Proceed at one of the counters and arrange for all the required documents. The LTO personnel will then compute your payment.
3. The LTO personnel will inspect the car. This step consists of emissions checking. You might have to execute emissions testing at an LTO qualified Private Emission Testing Center.
4. Go to the cashier for the payment. It will cost approximately 530 to 680 pesos. One important tip, though, is to watch out of swindlers who try to charge you a higher than that range.
5. The issuance of the new documents follows. Before you leave, examine all documents.
Because of the pandemic, you should comply with all necessary health and safety protocols. You must wear a facemask during the document procurement procedure and your official visit to the LTO. Of course, do not forget to carry a small bottle of alcohol or hand sanitizer.
When all the procedure is accomplished, the vehicle’s new owner can now completely enjoy his/her car. After getting the new documents, make sure to have several copies. If you are the buyer, put some inside the vehicle as well. If you are the seller, make sure to have a copy of the said documents for your reference.
Stay up to date on vital topics related to car safety and insurance in the Philippines by visiting our YouTube channel, ‘Perla Insurance.’
We address often asked concerns through our simple animated videos from our new “Perla Cares” series. This is to keep our viewers informed and to make this essential information more accessible to the general public from a reliable source- such as a well-trusted insurance company in the Philippines.
We also encourage our viewers to offer comments on topics they’d like to see covered in future videos so that we can make sure they’re getting the knowledge they require.
Like “PerlaInsuranceOfficial” on Facebook to help us develop our community’s relationships by increasing interaction and participation.
We’re also available to assist our community with any insurance-related inquiries.
If you choose to avail of our services, please reach out to us via Facebook, and our team will be pleased to provide you with extra information, lead you through the process, and explain the technique in greater depth.
Perla Insurance is proud to be one of the best car insurance companies in the Philippines. We not only provide the best car insurance, but also pride ourselves in our fast and personalized claims servicing whether you choose TPL Insurance or Comprehensive Insurance.
Both our TPL Insurance and Comprehensive Insurance packages will set your mind at ease when it comes to the protection and safety of your vehicle, yourself, and your loved ones.
Perla Insurance is concerned about our client’s well-being, as it always has been. As the Philippines’ best insurance company, we strive to meet our customers’ needs by delivering nothing less than the best auto insurance.
We strive to provide the highest level of service quality and the most benefits possible, ensuring that you receive the best return on your investment.
Because Perla Insurance is synonymous with high-quality insurance, the top insurance company in the Philippines guarantees both assurance and service excellence with all our customers.
Have any questions regarding the topic “How to Transfer Car Ownership in the Philippines?” feel free to comment below.