Welcome to the topic “How to Renew your Driver’s License?“.
Because of the fluctuating quarantine categorizations due to the pandemic, there have been numerous adjustments to how we usually renew our driver’s licenses. To make it reliable and beneficial for all drivers, the Land Transportation Office generated an online method to renew driver’s licenses in a non-direct and paperless approach. Read on if you are one of those people who would like to renew their licenses as well.
If you’re preparing to renew your license any time soon, check out the following guide to learn how to accomplish it online here in the Philippines this 2021. Drivers who are here in the Philippines or overseas may be capable of renewing their driver’s license. Nevertheless, there are various instructions and requirements to comply with each. Read on for more information. Primarily, you should know who is qualified to renew their driver’s license:
Things to Know
- People who have Non-Professional Driver’s License (NPDL), Professional Driver’s License (PDL), and Conductor’s License are not terminated for two years or more.
- People with NPDL, PDL, and Conductor’s License have the purpose of exiting the Philippines with a license due for renewal within one year.
There are different requirements for persons renewing licenses in the Philippines or abroad.
Renewals for Motorists in the Philippines
For motorists living in the Philippines:
- Your original NPDL/PDL license
- A proof of your medical certificate (by e-mail or by machine conveyed by the ascribed clinic to the LTO office) Remember that you may merely acquire a medical certificate from any of the accredited clinics by the LTO.
Renewal for Filipinos Abroad
For Filipino motorists who are presently residing or working in a foreign country:
- A copy of your passport. Ensure to accomplish the primary page, visa page, a departure from the Philippines, and updated arrival overseas.
- Your original Letter of Authority to a certified representative
- Your attendance within thirty days upon appearance to the office where you renewed your driver’s license to capture your picture.
- Carry with you the requirements as follows. Similar to the drivers here in the Philippines, a copy of your medical record (electronically conveyed by the certified clinic to the LTO office)
- Your original and one photocopy of your passport (first page and arrival page)
- Your original manual Official Receipt (OR) as your temporary driver’s license. Keep in mind that credible overseas license holders are permissible to drive a motor vehicle within ninety days from the arrival date. At that point, you may apply for license conversion if your visa is conclusive for at least thirty days.
Processing your driver’s license renewal online not merely saves you time, energy, and money; it is also secure and more advantageous. As of the early months of 2021, several LTO offices presently facilitate this online license renewal service.
Procedures for Renewal
To renew your driver’s license online here in the Philippines, comply with these procedures when applying via LTO’s Land Transportation Management System (LTMS) portal. Below are systematic procedures for online driver’s license renewal:
- You may sign up through the LTMS portal: portal.lto.gov.ph
- Click on the validation link you’ll get through email within 24 hours.
- Complete your form.
- Press Licensing on the dashboard.
- Write out the Online Application Form.
- On the License Classification, press Driver’s License.
- Select Renewal as the Type of Application. Numerous applications are permissible; hence, you may select several choices.
- Submit your online application form.
LTO Office Procedures
Below are procedures to LTO Offices:
- Prepare the requirements for your driver’s license renewal.
- Get your queue number.
- When your queue number is announced, present your requirements to the LTO personnel.
- Check if the information on the system is correct.
- Go to the cashier and pay the prerequisite fees.
- To complete the form in the new system, proceed to the Encoding and Biometric Window.
- Get your Official Receipt and Driver’s License Card.
- Log your details on the log sheet.
Stay up to date on vital topics related to car safety and insurance in the Philippines by visiting our YouTube channel, ‘Perla Insurance.’
We address often asked concerns through our simple animated videos from our new “Perla Cares” series. This is to keep our viewers informed and to make this essential information more accessible to the general public from a reliable source- such as a well-trusted insurance company in the Philippines.
We also encourage our viewers to offer comments on topics they’d like to see covered in future videos so that we can make sure they’re getting the knowledge they require.
Like “PerlaInsuranceOfficial” on Facebook to help us develop our community’s relationships by increasing interaction and participation.
We’re also available to assist our community with any insurance-related inquiries.
If you choose to avail of our services, please reach out to us via Facebook, and our team will be pleased to provide you with extra information, lead you through the process, and explain the technique in greater depth.
Perla Insurance is proud to be one of the best car insurance companies in the Philippines. We not only provide the best car insurance, but also pride ourselves in our fast and personalized claims servicing whether you choose TPL Insurance or Comprehensive Insurance.
Both our TPL Insurance and Comprehensive Insurance packages will set your mind at ease when it comes to the protection and safety of your vehicle, yourself, and your loved ones.
Perla Insurance is concerned about our client’s well-being, as it always has been. As the Philippines’ best insurance company, we strive to meet our customers’ needs by delivering nothing less than the best auto insurance.
We strive to provide the highest level of service quality and the most benefits possible, ensuring that you receive the best return on your investment.
Because Perla Insurance is synonymous with high-quality insurance, the top insurance company in the Philippines guarantees both assurance and service excellence with all our customers.
Have any questions regarding the topic “How to Renew your Driver’s License?” feel free to comment below.